3/24/2009

Febreeze au Naturale

The list of products that were once sold to Americans as "safe" only to be found years later that they have life-threatening is long. Not the least of which are lead paint, asbestos, and cigarettes.

Do you ever wonder if some of the products you use are really "safe?"

You can't always assume that just because a product is sold that it's harmless to you, your children, or your pets.


Many mass-produced products have pleasant scents to mask the chemicals that you shouldn't be inhaling at all. You can learn more about this here.

On of my favorite products is Febreeze. But what's really in Febreeze? I have no idea. So, instead, I make my own Febreeze with a recipe I found at veria.com.

Lavender Linen Spray
  • 1 cup of distilled water
  • 5-10 drops of Lavender essential oil (or any essential oil of your choice)
Pour into a spray bottle, and spray on clothing, curtains, carpet, or anything you want to smell naturally delicious.

I made for my co-workers as a Christmas gift one year. I found a clear glass spray bottle at this Web site, and made my own label.

No comments:

Post a Comment