4/30/2009

Compliment Him

A plain, grey tee taught me an important lesson when it comes to living with a man.

One day, I happen to mention to the HH that I thought he looked really nice in the grey t-shirt he was wearing.

The shirt wasn't anything expensive. Just a grey Fruit of the Loom shirt that he probably bought in a pack of multiples, but he still looked handsome to me.

I didn't think much about it, until a few weeks later he came home from one of the big-box stores with at least a half dozen grey t-shirts.

My compliment had resonated with him, and it occurred to me that all the old, married ladies who said that the best way to get a man to do what you want is to compliment him when he does something right, rather than nagging him when he does something wrong.

It was true for me that day.

1 comment: