4/02/2009

Steam to Save Time in the Morning

I hate ironing. I never allow time for it when getting ready in the morning, and ironing clothes right after laundering? Well, that’s just never going to happen.

Fortunately, I learned a quick trick to avoid ironing in the morning: steaming clothes in the dryer.

Wet a wash cloth or dish towel. Squeeze out the excess water. And toss it in the dryer on high heat with your clothes. After five or ten minutes, your garments are smooth and ready to wear.

This especially works well on knits or items that need a light press. As for linen and some fabrics, well, you’ll just have to do that the hard way.

2 comments:

  1. thanks for this great tip! (i actually don't even own an iron.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this is a fantastic idea and I'm going to try it tomorrow! I'll let you know how it goes.....

    ReplyDelete