4/15/2009

Institution Blue No More


Let's just say the Happy Husband (HH) was "not so happy" when I announced my intentions to completely re-decorate the guest bedroom/my new home office all over again only two weeks after the original re-decoration.

But he's used to my antics by now.


But I'm pleased to say that after seven days of hard labor (meticulous painting, fabric fetching, and sewing), my guest bedroom/home office is now finished!

I originally decorated the room around Granmary's bluebonnet paintings, but it didn't feel right. They were just too country for my taste.

Don't get me wrong; I still love them! They'll just have to live in another room in the house.

Granmary's still around in the antique photos on the shelf (she's the one in the fabulous pink dress below) along with photos of some other people she'd recognize. She would have wanted it that way.









It's kind of like the time I dreamed that she was coming back to life because there wasn't anyone she knew in heaven.

If there was anyone who wanted things just the way she wanted them, it was her. I'm sure she'd understand.

So, the room still needs a few things here and there. I plan to sew a bolster pillow for the bed. I hope you agree that it's much better than institutional blue.

No comments:

Post a Comment